Terms & Conditions
In this policy, “us”, “we”, or “our” means Vel Spices, operators of this website.
We may change part or all of the Terms at any time. The most current Terms will always be posted on the website. Your subsequent or continued use of this website will constitute your acceptance of any changes made to these terms. If you object to any of the terms in this document, or to any changes made to them, your only remedy is to immediately cease use of and access to this website.
Products may differ between our web store pricing and in-store pricing.
A minimum purchase order value applies in order to qualify for free delivery within a specific radius of our store at 99 Clifton Grove Carrum Downs 3201.
Purchase orders below minimum order value will still be accepted, however, a shipping charge may apply.
Further information on shipping charges is contained below, under Delivery. More Delivery Info.
For your convenience, we accept the following major credit cards – American Express, Visa and Master card.
Our website is secure. Your credit card information is accepted and stored through a secure payment gateway (via PayPal).
Please note that your payment is not processed immediately at the time of checkout. We will only process your credit card payment once we have picked and packed your order.
Full payment for the order is required prior to dispatch or collection of goods.
PRODUCTS AND PRICES
We reserve the right to change, improve or delete any products without prior notification.
We reserve the right for any goods have been incorrectly priced on the website or has been incorrectly categorised to be issued an immediate refund for the product.
The purchase price of the goods is the purchase price which is applicable at the time you view it. The purchase prices will not necessarily correspond to the prices in store. Any discrepancy in prices on order and supply prices will be notified prior to the shipment.
Vel Spices aims to include up-to-date pictures of most goods. At times, the picture of the goods may be unavailable or may differ from the goods actually supplied to you. Vel Spices does not warrant the accuracy of the information contained in the product listing and recommends that you read the labels on goods carefully before consuming the goods.
All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD).
We reserve the right to change, improve or refund any products due to it’s unavailability without prior notification.
With the current situation of COVID the stock availability on the website might not reflect actual stock, if this is the case and no stock will be arriving soon we will issue a full refund within the next day.
Delivery of ordered goods is subject to product availability. Vel Spices will not provide rain checks in respect of goods ordered by you. When completing your order, you will be invited to select a substitution option in respect of goods which are out of stock. Vel Spices will use its best endeavors to ensure that all goods ordered by you (and any agreed substitutes) are supplied to you. Vel Spices reserves the right to limit the sale of goods to reasonable or normal household quantities. Substitute items are charged at the substitute price.
DELIVERY AND HANDLING
For deliveries outside the Melbourne Metro area, including interstate orders, the customer will be responsible for all freight charges. Freight charges vary depending on the order size and distance for delivery.
The order shall be dispatched in good condition and in good faith and no responsibility is accepted for goods damaged in transit.
Fresh and Frozen items are marked and if customer places an order with the delivery method Australian Post we will ship the order however we can not guarantee it's freshness or frozen state on delivery, as we don't handle the delivery during transit and the timing would depend on Australia Post. However we will send the products in the best condition and take a picture for reference which we can provide on request.
The order shall be dispatched ASAP and certainly within five (5) business days, following the receipt of the customer’s order. The customer will be notified in the event of any extended delays in dispatch.
Delivery will be made Monday to Friday during normal business hours. The customer must be present at the shipping address to accept delivery during this time or otherwise provide other instructions at the time of placing the order.
If the customer is not present at the shipping address to accept delivery and therefore, we are unable to complete delivery, the delivery charge (if any) will still apply and the order will be made available for collection in-store.
Should the customer redirect the order to another delivery address or request re-delivery of the order, an additional delivery fee will apply.
We reserve the right to charge an additional fee if we are delayed in making delivery at the specified address for any reason whatsoever outside our control.
The buyer also has the option for the collection of the order personally or making alternate freighting/shipping arrangements.
We reserve the right if an order exceeds a total weightage of 50kgs then a handling fee would be incurred which would be notified to you via email.
In the event that Australia Post is unable to effect delivery to the address specified in your order, for any lawful reason, and is compelled to return the item to us, we shall not bear responsibility for re-dispatching the order at an additional shipping cost. It shall be the customer's obligation to cover the delivery expenses for the reshipment, and we shall not provide a refund for the initial shipping charge, as such charges were remitted to Australia Post.
Australian Postage Discrepancy:
1. Pricing Calculation: At the point of checkout, Velspices Online's e-commerce platform displays shipping quotes generated by the Australian Post calculator. These quotes are determined based on the order's weight and shipping address information provided by the Customer. It is important to note that, occasionally, discrepancies in pricing may arise. This can happen due to factors such as variations in packing size dimensions that may increase after the order is packed or an increase in the order's weight, particularly for bulk items.
2. Discrepancy Resolution: In the event of a pricing discrepancy, Velspices Online reserves the right to review the actual charges assessed by Australia Post for shipping the order. If it is determined that the shipping fee originally paid by the Customer was insufficient to cover the actual shipping cost, Velspices Online will contact the Customer promptly to inform them of the discrepancy.
3. Customer Options: Upon notification of the pricing discrepancy, the Customer shall have the following options: (a) Pay the full postage amount as determined by Australia Post to proceed with the order; or (b) Cancel the order if the Customer chooses not to pay the revised shipping charges.
4. Discretion of Velspices Online: Velspices Online retains the discretion to decide whether the pricing discrepancy warrants further action and whether to contact the Customer regarding any adjustments to the shipping fee.
5. Payment: If the Customer chooses to pay the revised shipping charges, payment shall be made promptly by the Customer through the payment methods provided by Velspices Online.
RETENTION OF TITLE
Title to the goods supplied is retained by Vel Spices and only passes to the customer upon delivery (or upon collection) and payment for the goods.
Upon delivery of the goods, Vel Spices will provide you with a detailed tax invoice specifying the price for the goods, including credits applied and the delivery fee (if applicable).
We detail here our Return Policy to ensure you are fully aware of your rights and our obligations to you.
Please choose your purchases carefully and retain your original sales receipt as proof of purchase.
We do not give refunds or exchange goods when you change your mind or choose incorrect goods. Management reserves its right to exchange goods purchased or grant refunds only by agreement If a refund is granted, a 20% restocking fee may be applied on all returns. No credit will be allowed on freight and handling charges.
Please note, in the case of issues associated with items of local manufacturers / suppliers, we may:
- Return the product to the manufacturer / supplier or their agent to determine the nature of the problem; or
- Refer you to the supplier of such items for assistance or refund / exchange authorization.
Almost all the items contain local manufacturers’ names, addresses, and telephone numbers. Should any manufacturer’s information not be available, we shall happily provide it to you upon your request.
All orders sent via Australian Post either express or standard do not qualify for a refund or return for the following terms but are not limited to:
- Item has been damaged/checked from their side and acknowleged as such
- If placed as express/standard and was either delayed/missing/redirected and has not been delivered
We will contact Australia Post on your behalf if you did not recieve any information from them howoever we do not cover or refund any parcels sent in this method as stated with the terms above.
This Policy does not limit your rights as a customer.
The product has a defect or is damaged via shipping, the customer is eligible for a full refund. Change of mind/ Incorrectly bought items within 7 days brought to attention can be refunded expect the delivery charge to bring back to the store.
We can only accept a return for a product if the product has an expiry of fewer than 2 weeks from the delivery date, otherwise, all products sent have been checked to be a minimum of 2 weeks expiry.
Cancelation of Order
An order can be canceled if the customer has notified us either via email or the specified text-based platform (in this case Whatsapp) within 12 hours of placing the order during this period we will issue a cancellation and issue a refund (Orders above the value of $50 will be refunded excluding service fee charges from the bank). After this grace period, any orders that are requested to be canceled would incur a cancellation fee of 25% of all dry items in the order. If the order includes fresh/expired (applies to not being picked) for which these products would then be not refunded and in that instance, the cancellation fee would not apply.
Frozen Goods Policy
- Please try to be at home on the day of delivery when delivering frozen goods as if not home, the goods will be kept outside unattended. If you need estimate date and time of delivery please message our whatsapp team.
- Any incorrectly ordered frozen goods after dispatch will not be applicable for return/refund.
- All frozen goods are kept in the freezer up until the very moment before dispatch and kept in that temperature whilst delivering.
- Faulty frozen products are applicable for a refund (complying to acceptable reason), if notified within 5 hours of delivering the goods.
USERNAME AND PASSWORD
You must take responsibility for the safekeeping of your username and password. You are liable if your username and password are used by an unauthorized person. You release and indemnify Vel Spices in relation to any liability arising out of the unauthorized use of your username or password.
Our delivery would be within 2 – 3 days after putting your order through. We would contact you if there is any delay in doing so. If we do send it thought the courier it would be upon them to get your groceries to you, it may be delayed, we do send a tracking number to track your groceries.
We cannot refund orders for being delayed due to courier, we can accept and issue a refund if we delay it and deliver it late, however, if it is in the hands of the courier we have the right not to give a refund, partial refund is applicable in some situations.
If any product exceeds the guideline amount we will request handling charges outside the cart amount.
The laws of Victoria, Australia govern this Agreement.